Saturday, September 19, 2009

More heritage scrapbooking

I've done another layout that will eventually go in my Family Heritage album. Again, this one is digital instead of paper. (For more info about the scrapping part, you can go to my "Stacy's Stamp and Scrap Loft" blog where I've also posted this layout.)


The girls are my dad's mother Susie Richardson Smith (in the middle) and two of her sisters (Kate, on the left, and Ida to the right). I love how they had these photos taken in the same positions five years apart! The Richardsons were a very close family, and from the tales I've been told, they had a lot of fun together! "Ma" Richardson (Una Dorn Richardson) kept a journal at the family home, and whenever any of the kids were home visiting they would write in it. Often it was just facts like "Susie and Mike were here, with kids," and the date, but it was in that person's handwriting. Sometimes they commented about how stuffed they were from Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner. The last entry is quite sad and poignant, as it was written by Ida after Ma was moved to a nursing home. It talks about the great memories that home holds, also, so it's bittersweet.

I'll be back later with more heritage scrapping. I've got plans for the Family Heritage scrapbook ...

No comments:

Post a Comment