Monday, September 14, 2009

Heritage Scrapbooking

This is something I've been really wanting to do, especially since I've been collecting heritage photos of my family. So this weekend, since I needed an excuse to use some of the digital scrapbooking stuff I'd been collecting, I thought I'd make a layout using my favorite photo of my maternal grandmother and referring to the Bible passage that describes how she was so well (Proverbs 31:10-31) Now, normally I'm a "traditional" (paper) scrapper. I love to feel of the paper and embellishments in my hands as I manipulate them around to make the layout I want. Digi-scrapping layouts, when you get them printed, are, of course, completely 2-D, no matter how 3-D they may look. That bugs me. But I like a lot of things about digital scrapping (like the way you can reuse "papers" and elements over and over, and change their size or color to fit what you're doing), so I'm not averse to doing the occasional digital layout.

Here's the one I made of Granny (you can click on the image to see it larger):



I think she would have liked this page, although she would have disagreed with my assessment of her as being so wonderful (she really was!).

So this is something I really want to do more of -- scrap my family tree and also make layouts of individual people, to honor them as I think they should be honored!

No comments:

Post a Comment